Caravan Holiday Rental
All Gas appliances in your holiday home should be serviced annually to keep them in a safe and efficient condition (this is a legal requirement in certain circumstances, see sub-letting below). Properly maintained appliances are safe in use and should be no cause for concern. The service should include:
- Ventilation check (air inlets are clear and adequate)
- Flue check (smoke spillage test)
- Appliance safety devices are working correctly
- Appliances are safe for further use
- A check for gas leaks and condition of pipework and hoses
This work must only be carried out by a gas installer who is Gas Safe (the Council for Registered Gas Installers) registered and carries an I.D. card covering their competence. Always ask for a Gas Safety Inspection Record form to be provided for the work carried out.