This training will teach you how to conduct warm waxing covering all areas of face and body waxing (including leg waxing, bikini waxing, underarms, facial hair, and eyebrow wax)
1 day + home study + case studies
The Guild of Beauty Therapists
Associated Beauty Therapists
CPD Points Awarded (Continual Professional Development)
Theory to be studied at home using our training manual before attending the practical training as well as additional reading.
Question paper to test you on your understanding of the training manual to be submitted before attending the practical training. Some research may be required to complete the questions
Practical hands on training including assessment
2 Case studies to be submitted before certificate is issued
50% non refundable deposit is payable to secure your booking. Final 50% is due no later than 14 days prior to the start date of the practical training.
Cash, Cheque, Bankers Draft, Postal Order, direct bank transfer or payment by credit or debit card via Paypal.
Please make cheques payable to : K Kilminster
Please send paypal payments to:
If you wish to pay by direct bank transfer, please ask for bank details.
· Fully Accredited Diploma level, enabling you to practice professionally.
· Courses are recognised and insurable.
· Home Study Pack - A detailed Course training workbook emailed to you before course, providing plenty of scope for both pre and post course study. Case studies may also be required to complete your training.
· Practical demonstrations and teaching of the treatment are broken down into easy to learn sections.
· You will give and receive a full treatment on the practical training day. (For one to one training, you may not be able to receive a treatment.)
· Small class sizes & one to one training available
· CPD Points (Continuing Professional Development Points) awarded on each course.
· Tutors are experienced and passionate about what they do
· Anatomy and physiology, relevant to the course, is covered in the training manual (including colourful diagrams)
· Fun, friendly & informal training environment.
· Included is your Diploma, comprehensive training manual, insurance details, Health & Safety and tea, coffee and water during the break (please bring your own lunch/snacks)
· Couches, chairs, cushions and products required for the training are supplied unless stated otherwise. You will be required to bring towels for your own use.
What to bring to the training day
· The Training Manual
· A packed lunch
· A bottle of water
· Jumper/Cardigan (after receiving treatment you may get cold)
· Hair band for long hair
· It is advisable not to wear jewellery to the practical training
· You may wear uniform to the practical training, or suitable therapy clothing.
· Notepad and pen
· Your medical disclaimer form (if not already submitted)
· 2 large towels and 2 hand towels (They may get wax on the towels)
Waxing is a very popular salon treatment which clears small and large areas of unwanted hairs quickly and efficiently. The treatments are especially popular during the summer months when people are exposing more of their body! Face and body hair growth can be undesirable nowadays so people are becoming more and more conscious of this, the preferred look is now for smooth skin. Waxing is a hair removal method which can be repeated on a regular basis (often every 4 weeks) which can provide a regular income for the therapist/salon. Hair re-growth can be finer and fewer hairs proving a favourable method for many people.
· Working Hygienically
· Health & Safety
· Professional Ethics
· Case study guidance sheets
· Recommended Reading
· Preparation for treatment
· After Care Advice
· Equipment & products needed
· How to conduct a waxing treatment for Eyebrows, Lip, Chin, Underarms, Bikini & Legs
· Anatomy & Physiology incl, colour diagrams & study notes
· The benefits of the treatment
· And more …
Resources required to complete the training
· You will require all relevant equipment and products in order to practice your skills at home as well as completing your case studies. A list of recommended equipment and products are supplied within the training manual.
· You will be required to bring 2 large towels and 2 hand towels but all other equipment and products are supplied during your practical training unless otherwise stated.
· You will be required to print off your training manual and bring with you to the practical training. If you are unable to do this a printed copy can be posted to you for an additional £7 (A printed copy of the training manual is not included in the training price)
· It is recommended that you purchase a text book, in addition to the training manual, for future reference from our recommended reading list supplied within our training manual.