During this training you will learn how to safely and correctly carry out a pregnancy massage to enhance health, development and well-being of the expectant mum.
1 day + home study + case studies
A massage qualification
The Guild of Beauty & Holistic Therapists
The Complementary Medical Association
· Theory to be studied at home using our training manual before attending the practical training set in 4 modules
· Question paper to test you on your understanding of each module to be submitted before attending the practical training. Some research may be required to complete the questions.
· Practical hands on training including assessment
· 2 Case studies to be submitted before certificate is issued
50% non refundable deposit is payable to secure your booking. Final 50% is due no later than 14 days prior to the start date of the practical training.
Cash, Cheque, Bankers Draft, Postal Order, direct bank transfer or payment by credit or debit card via Paypal.
Please make cheques payable to : K Kilminster
Please send paypal payments to:
If you wish to pay by direct bank transfer, please ask for bank details.
· Fully Accredited Diploma level, enabling you to practice professionally.
· Courses are recognised and insurable.
· Home Study Pack - A detailed Course training workbook emailed to you before course, providing plenty of scope for both pre and post course study. Case studies may also be required to complete your training.
· Practical demonstrations and teaching of the treatment are broken down into easy to learn sections.
· You will give and receive a full treatment on the practical training day. (For one to one training, you may not be able to receive a treatment.)
· Small class sizes & one to one training available
· CPD Points (Continuing Professional Development Points) awarded on each course.
· Tutors are experienced and passionate about what they do
· Anatomy and physiology, relevant to the course, is covered in the training manual (including colourful diagrams)
· Fun, friendly & informal training environment.
· Included is your Diploma, comprehensive training manual, insurance details, Health & Safety and tea, coffee and water during the break (please bring your own lunch/snacks)
· Couches, chairs, cushions and products required for the training are supplied unless stated otherwise. You will be required to bring towels for your own use.
What to bring to the training day
· The Training Manual
· A packed lunch
· A bottle of water
· Jumper/Cardigan (after receiving treatment you may get cold)
· Socks or slippers for comfort and hygiene purposes
· Hair band for long hair
· It is advisable not to wear jewellery to the practical training
· You may wear uniform to the practical training, but it is not essential
· Notepad and pen
· Test answer paper (if not already submitted)
· Your medical disclaimer form (if not already submitted)
· 2 large towels and 2 hand towels
About Pregnancy Massage
Pregnancy massage benefits both mother and unborn baby.
It can help with back pain, fatigue and other pregnancy related common ailments, such as morning sickness, constipation, headaches, indigestion, and heartburn.
Pregnancy is a period of time, more than any other, to consider health and happiness a priority. It is becoming common that pregnant ladies now want to take an active role in their pregnancy and their health during this special time.
After the birth, massage can help with the muscles to regain their natural tautness and can also help to prevent stretch marks.
Some benefits of pregnancy massage are:
Ø It reduces stress, tension & anxiety.
Ø It can reduce muscular tension
Ø It helps to restore postural balance.
Ø It can help to normalise the range of motion of the joints.
Ø It helps to speed up venous and lymph circulation; it brings nutrients to tissues and eliminates waste.
Ø It helps to reduce swelling
Ø It eases varicose veins
Ø It helps to normalise blood pressure.
Ø It encourages deeper breathing and enhances internal respiration.
Ø Minimises nausea.
Ø It lifts the mood.
Ø Helps to reduce pain and treats the common discomforts of pregnancy
Ø It helps to prepare the woman physically, emotionally and mentally for the birth.
· Working Hygienically
· Health & Safety
· Professional Ethics
· About holistic therapies
· Case study guidance
· Recommended Reading
· Massage – the effects and benefits of
· Preparation for treatment
· After Care Advice
· Equipment & products
· The Routine
· Anatomy & Physiology
· About the therapy
· The benefits of the treatment
· And more …
Resources required to complete the training
· You will require all relevant equipment and products in order to practice your skills at home as well as completing your case studies. A list of recommended equipment and products are supplied within the training manual.
· You will be required to bring 2 large towels and 2 hand towels but all other equipment and products are supplied during your practical training unless otherwise stated.
· You will be required to print off your training manual and bring with you to the practical training. If you are unable to do this a printed copy can be posted to you for an additional £7 (A printed copy of the training manual is not included in the training price)
· It is recommended that you purchase a text book, in addition to the training manual, for future reference from our recommended reading list supplied within our training manual.