INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE
This massage works on the energy chakras and is a wonderful way of relieving stress and its effects on the systems on the body. Tension floats away through the relaxation of the muscles and improved circulation to the brain helps to clear the mind and improve hair and scalp condition.
1 day + home study + case studies
The Guild of Beauty Therapists ()
The Complementary Medicine Association () Professional Beauty ()
ABT Insurance ()
· Theory to be studied at home using our training manual before attending the practical training
· Question paper to test you on your understanding of the training manual to be submitted before attending the practical training. Some research may be required to complete the questions
· Practical hands on training including assessment
· 2 Case studies to be submitted before certificate is issued
50% non refundable deposit is payable to secure your booking. Final 50% is due no later than 14 days prior to the start date of the practical training.
Cash, Cheque, Bankers Draft, Postal Order, direct bank transfer or payment by credit or debit card via Paypal.
Please make cheques payable to : K Kilminster
Please send paypal payments to:
If you wish to pay by direct bank transfer, please ask for bank details.
· Fully Accredited Diploma level, enabling you to practice professionally.
· Courses are recognised and insurable.
· Home Study Pack - A detailed Course training workbook emailed to you before course, providing plenty of scope for both pre and post course study. Case studies may also be required to complete your training.
· Practical demonstrations and teaching of the treatment are broken down into easy to learn sections.
· You will give and receive a full treatment on the practical training day. (For one to one training, you may not be able to receive a treatment.)
· Small class sizes & one to one training available
· CPD Points (Continuing Professional Development Points) awarded on each course.
· Tutors are experienced and passionate about what they do
· Anatomy and physiology, relevant to the course, is covered in the training manual (including colourful diagrams)
· Fun, friendly & informal training environment.
· Included is your Diploma, comprehensive training manual, insurance details, Health & Safety and tea, coffee and water during the break (please bring your own lunch/snacks)
· Couches, chairs, cushions and products required for the training are supplied unless stated otherwise. You will be required to bring towels for your own use.
What to bring to the training day
· The Training Manual
· A packed lunch
· A bottle of water
· A thin strap top / vest top
· Jumper/Cardigan (after receiving treatment you may get cold)
· Socks or slippers for comfort and hygiene purposes
· Hair band for long hair
· It is advisable not to wear jewellery to the practical training
· You may wear uniform to the practical training, but it is not essential
· Notepad and pen
· Test answer paper (if not already submitted)
· Your medical disclaimer form (if not already submitted)
About Indian Head Massage
Indian Head massage is a traditional Indian technique which has been used as part of a family ritual for thousands of years and is handed down through the generations. It is part of the ancient healing system they use called ‘Ayurveda’.
It plays an important role in Indian life and infants often receive the massage once or twice a week to keep them in good health, physically and emotionally.
The treatment involves massage and acupressure of the face, scalp, neck, shoulders and upper back. The aim is to release the stress that has accumulated in the tissues, muscles and joints of these areas.
The traditional method involves the client sitting fully clothed in a chair for the treatment. A range of massage movements including, deep kneading & compression movements are then applied to the client. Pressure points are also stimulated too. The treatment can last anything from 20 minutes to 45 minutes dependant on the length of the routine chosen by the therapist.
The treatment is particularly good for stress relief as well as tension, fatigue, headaches, migraines, insomnia and sinus problems. The after effects of the treatment can leave the client feeling deeply relaxed and calm, and also more energised.
· Working Hygienically
· Health & Safety
· Professional Ethics
· About holistic therapies
· Case study guidance
· Recommended Reading
· Massage – the effects and benefits of
· Preparation for treatment
· After Care Advice
· Equipment & products
· The Routine
· Anatomy & Physiology
· The history
· The benefits of the treatment
· And more …
Resources required to complete the training
· You will require all relevant equipment and products in order to practice your skills at home as well as completing your case studies. A list of recommended equipment and products are supplied within the training manual.
· All equipment and products are supplied during your practical training unless otherwise stated.
· You will be required to print off your training manual and bring with you to the practical training. If you are unable to do this a printed copy can be posted to you for an additional £7 (A printed copy of the training manual is not included in the training price)
· It is recommended that you purchase a text book, in addition to the training manual, for future reference from our recommended reading list supplied within our training manual.