Learn to conduct a facial safely and professionally, to analyse skin types and select the correct products to use. Learn a facial massage to incorporate pressure points for a complete holistic experience.
1 day + home study + case studies
The Guild of Beauty Therapists
The Complementary Medical Association
Associated Beauty Therapists
· Theory to be studied at home using our training manual before attending the practical training set in 4 modules
· Question paper to test you on your understanding of each module to be submitted before attending the practical training. Some research may be required to complete the questions.
· Practical hands on training including assessment
· 2 Case studies to be submitted before certificate is issued
50% non refundable deposit is payable to secure your booking. Final 50% is due no later than 14 days prior to the start date of the practical training.
Cash, Cheque, Bankers Draft, Postal Order, direct bank transfer or payment by credit or debit card via Paypal.
Please make cheques payable to : K Kilminster
Please send paypal payments to:
If you wish to pay by direct bank transfer, please ask for bank details.
· Fully Accredited Diploma level, enabling you to practice professionally.
· Courses are recognised and insurable.
· Home Study Pack - A detailed Course training workbook emailed to you before course, providing plenty of scope for both pre and post course study. Case studies may also be required to complete your training.
· Practical demonstrations and teaching of the treatment are broken down into easy to learn sections.
· You will give and receive a full treatment on the practical training day. (For one to one training, you may not be able to receive a treatment.)
· Small class sizes & one to one training available
· CPD Points (Continuing Professional Development Points) awarded on each course.
· Tutors are experienced and passionate about what they do
· Anatomy and physiology, relevant to the course, is covered in the training manual (including colourful diagrams)
· Fun, friendly & informal training environment.
· Included is your Diploma, comprehensive training manual, insurance details, Health & Safety and tea, coffee and water during the break (please bring your own lunch/snacks)
· Couches, chairs, cushions and products required for the training are supplied unless stated otherwise. You will be required to bring towels for your own use.
What to bring to the training day
· The Training Manual
· A packed lunch
· A bottle of water
· Jumper/Cardigan (after receiving treatment you may get cold)
· Hair band for long hair
· It is advisable not to wear jewellery to the practical training
· You may wear uniform to the practical training, or suitable therapy clothing.
· Notepad and pen
· Your medical disclaimer form (if not already submitted)
· 2 large towels and 2 hand towels
About Holistic Facials
An holistic facial involves techniques which improve the skin’s tone and texture without the need for expensive products. The techniques used include:
ØAcupressure massage to clear the energy channels and stimulate the facial muscles and nerve endings.
ØMassage movements to improve the circulation and skin texture.
ØLymphatic drainage massage to assist in the removal of toxins and waste.
· Working Hygienically
· Health & Safety
· Professional Ethics
· About holistic therapies
· Case study guidance sheets
· Recommended Reading
· Massage – the effects and benefits of
· Preparation for treatment
· After Care Advice
· Equipment & products
· Skin types & how to analyse the skin
· The Routine
· Anatomy & Physiology incl, colour diagrams & study notes
· The history
· The benefits of the treatment
· And more …
Resources required to complete the training
· You will require all relevant equipment and products in order to practice your skills at home as well as completing your case studies. A list of recommended equipment and products are supplied within the training manual.
· You will be required to bring 2 large towels and 2 hand towels but all other equipment and products are supplied during your practical training unless otherwise stated.
· You will be required to print off your training manual and bring with you to the practical training. If you are unable to do this a printed copy can be posted to you for an additional £7 (A printed copy of the training manual is not included in the training price)
· It is recommended that you purchase a text book, in addition to the training manual, for future reference from our recommended reading list supplied within our training manual.