This course will help you to discover the benefits both physically and emotionally from massage with essential oils. You'll be taught to select, blend and safely use essential oils to suit your client's needs and how to provide a skilful full body aromatherapy massage.
2 days + home study + case studies
The Guild of Beauty Therapists ()
ABT Insurance ()
The Complementary Medical Association ()
Professional Beauty ()
· Theory to be studied at home using our training manual before attending the practical training set in 4 modules
· Question paper to test you on your understanding of each module to be submitted before attending the practical training. Some research may be required to complete the questions.
· Practical hands on training including assessment
· 5 Case studies to be submitted before certificate is issued
50% non refundable deposit is payable to secure your booking. Final 50% is due no later than 14 days prior to the start date of the practical training.
Cash, Cheque, Bankers Draft, Postal Order, direct bank transfer or payment by credit or debit card via Paypal.
Please make cheques payable to : K Kilminster
Please send paypal payments to:
If you wish to pay by direct bank transfer, please ask for bank details.
· Fully Accredited Diploma level, enabling you to practice professionally.
· Courses are recognised and insurable.
· Home Study Pack - A detailed Course training workbook emailed to you before course, providing plenty of scope for both pre and post course study. Case studies may also be required to complete your training.
· Practical demonstrations and teaching of the treatment are broken down into easy to learn sections.
· You will give and receive a full treatment on the practical training day. (For one to one training, you may not be able to receive a treatment.)
· Small class sizes & one to one training available
· CPD Points (Continuing Professional Development Points) awarded on each course.
· Tutors are experienced and passionate about what they do
· Anatomy and physiology, relevant to the course, is covered in the training manual (including colourful diagrams)
· Fun, friendly & informal training environment.
· Included is your Diploma, comprehensive training manual, insurance details, Health & Safety and tea, coffee and water during the break (please bring your own lunch/snacks)
· Couches, chairs, cushions and products required for the training are supplied unless stated otherwise. You will be required to bring towels for your own use.
What to bring to the training day
· The Training Manual
· Two large towels and two hand towels
· A packed lunch
· A bottle of water
· Jumper/Cardigan (after receiving treatment you may get cold)
· Hair band for long hair
· It is advisable not to wear jewellery to the practical training
· You may wear uniform to the practical training, or clothing suitable for therapy work.
· Notepad and pen
· Test answer paper (if not already submitted)
· Your medical disclaimer form (if not already submitted)
It is exactly what the name implies; it is a therapy (massage) with aroma (essential oils).
The essential oils are absorbed into the body and can aid the body – mentally or physically dependant on their properties. The massage often brings a state of deep relaxation along with the inhalation of the scents from the essential oils. This combined brings a sense of well being.
· Working Hygienically
· Health & Safety
· Professional Ethics
· About holistic therapies
· Case study guidance
· Recommended Reading
· Massage – the effects and benefits of
· Preparation for treatment
· After Care Advice
· Equipment & products
· The Routine
· Anatomy & Physiology
· The history
· The benefits of the treatment
· The use and effects of essential oils
· Blending essential oils
· Directory of essential oils
· And more …
Resources required to complete the training
· You will require all relevant equipment and products in order to practice your skills at home as well as completing your case studies. A list of recommended equipment and products are supplied within the training manual.
· You will need to bring along two large towels and two hand towels to your practical training; all other equipment and products are supplied during your practical training unless otherwise stated.
· It is recommended that you purchase a text book, in addition to the training manual, for future reference from our recommended reading list supplied within our training manual.