This machine was commissioned in March 2008. The Spartanics M500 allows us to cut, crease & remove scrap from parts at a rate of up to 40,000 parts/hour. Combine this with our ability to print at a very high rate and to very high quality standards this represents a considerable advantage for the high volume purchaser of labels.
The result of this extra capability is increased capacity and considerable reductions in label and overlay costings, enabling us to compete on price with most other Countries.
We hope this will enable us to increase our presence both in the UK and abroad.
The tooling is less expensive than conventional knife tooling layouts.
The principle is as follows:
- The flat sheet material is loaded into a hopper.
- The machine picks up the printed material with suction cups and a conveyor send the sheet into the machine. Precision rollers and optical registration aligns the blank to less than 0.1mm.
- The next operation die cuts the parts but leaves them still in the web.
- The web is then passed onto the scrap ejection stage where any scrap is removed whilst still maintaining the part left in the web.
- Next the parts are knocked out onto the conveyor belt all in line where they are inspected as they are travelling along.
The cutting head is equipped to utilise either knife tooling or male/female hard tooling and will handle materials up to 5mm thick.
The Spartanics M500 is ideal for processing items such as:
Point of sale tags