NRSWA Street Works Supervisors
Health and Safety, safety training, training centre
Cat & Genny
To gain accreditation to the standards laid down by City & Guilds in
line with the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 for excavation
- Unit 001 - Location & avoidance of underground services
- Unit 010 - Monitoring Signing, Lighting & Guarding. Co-ordination procedures & code of practice.
- Unit 011 - Monitoring Excavation in the highway. Specifications, techniques, road types, materials
- Unit 012 - Monitoring Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 013 - Monitoring Reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base & road-base materials
- Unit 014 - Monitoring Laying practices and reinstatement of cold
lay bituminous materials. Specification & types of materials.
- Unit 016 - Monitoring Reinstatement of modular surfaces & concrete footways
UTN's City & Guilds approved centre has a purpose built road area to carry out all the practical aspects of the course.
This allows the supervisor the chance to monitor live practical
assessments rather than solely rely on classroom sessions & videos.
This is complimented by the latest power point presentation for the
Delegates attending this course will be required to write reports etc.
Please contact UTN as soon as possible if your delegates have any
problems in this area so appropriate arrangements can be made. UTN have
gained a good reputation of assistance for delegates with reading &
All delegates should supply two passport photographs. Without these we cannot complete your registration with Scotvec.
As little as 1 delegate on our open scheduled courses. In-company
courses can be arranged for a minimum or 8 and accommodate a maximum of
Because of the nature of the course, delegates will need the following PPE:
- Safety shoes / boots
- Ear defenders
- Waterproof clothing
- Fluorescent jacket
The delegate who successfully completes this course will recieve an
accredited City & Guilds certificate for every unit they pass and an
additional overall certificate if they pass the full 7 units. In
addition to this the delegate will recieve a Scotvec card accredited by
Street Works Qualification Register (SWQR).
- Safety at Street Works and Road Works - A Code of Practice
- Highway Authorities & Utilities Committee (HAUC) - Specification for the Reinstatement of Openings in Highways
This course meets the criteria for CITB grants.
UTN provide each delegate with a buffet on all our full day courses.
, Health and Safety
, health and safety training
, safety training
, Street Works
, training centre