NRSWA Street Works Operative
Health and Safety, safety training, training centre
Health and Safety
To gain accreditation to the standards laid down by City & Guilds in
line with the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991 for excavation
- Unit 001 - Location & avoidance of underground services
- Unit 002 - Signing, Lighting & Guarding
- Unit 003 - Excavation in the highway. Specifications, techniques, road types, materials
- Unit 004 - Reinstatement & compaction of backfill materials
- Unit 005 - Reinstatement of non-bituminous sub-base & road-base materials
- Unit 006 - Laying practices and reinstatement of cold lay bituminous materials. Specification & types of materials.
- Unit 009 - Reinstatement of modular surfaces & concrete footways
UTN's City & Guilds approved centre has a purpose built road area to
carry out all the practical aspects of the course. This is complimented
by the latest power point presentation for the classroom sessions.
Courses can be arranged to meet client's timetables and work schedules.
As an alternative places can be booked on our open / multi client based
Delegates attending this course will be expected to carry out practical
tasks such as the setting out of traffic lights & signs, as well as
excavating and back filling trenches in the training area.
All delegates should supply two passport photographs. Without these we cannot complete your registration with Scotvec.
Because of the practical nature of the course, delegates will need the following PPE:
As little as 1 delegate on our open scheduled courses. In-company
courses can be arranged for a minimum or 8 and accommodate a maximum of
- Safety boots
- Ear defenders
- Waterproof clothing
- Fluorescent jacket
The delegate who successfully completes this course will recieve an
accredited City & Guilds certificate for every unit they pass and an
additional overall certificate if they pass the full 7 units. In
addition to this the delegate will recieve a Scotvec card accredited by
Street Works Qualification Register (SWQR).
- Safety at Street Works and Road Works - A Code of Practice
This course meets the criteria for CITB grants.
UTN provide each delegate with a buffet on all our full day courses.
, health and safety training
, safety training
, Signing Lighting & Guarding
, Street Works
, training centre