Our course is designed to make candidates aware of the dangers involved
in excavating on public highways and private land and train them to
detect and avoid most burried apparatus.
- Responsibility under Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Responsibility to work to HSG47. (The avoidance of underground services)
- Obtaining and understanding utilities drawings.
- Observation of surface features – manholes, lamp standard etc.
- Use of locating Cat and Genny or similar. (Digi Cat)
- Careful excavation.
- Practical assessment.
All delegates should have available & bring with them the following safety equipment:
- Safety shoes / boots
- Waterproof clothing
- Fluorescent Waistcoat/Jacket
- Overalls/work clothes
As little as 1 delegate on our open scheduled courses. In-company
courses can be arranged for a minimum of 8 and accommodate a maximum of
The delegate who successfully completes this course will recieve an accredited City & Guilds certificate.
This course meets the criteria for CITB grants.
The UTN administration section will give full support for the application of this grant.
UTN provide each delegate with a buffet on all our full day courses.