On completion of the course, delegates shall be competent in:-
- Definition & types of confined spaces
- Current legislation
- Confined space hazards
- Permits to work
- Safe working procedures
- Hygiene & personal protective equipment
- Access equipment - tripods, winches, safety harnesses
- Escape breathing apparatus - hoods & masks
- Accident/emergency procedures & self rescue
- Gas detection
A highly participative hands on course with practical exercises to compliment the classroom theory session.
- Understanding current legislation regarding confined space entry
- Recognising types of confined spaces & their associated hazards
- Organising & implementing appropriate accident & emergency procedures
- The safe use & maintenance of escape breathing apparatus
Delegates are taught how to work as a team when effecting a confined space entry.
Each delegate has the use of his/her own escape set for the duration of the course.
Entry into the confined space is shaft entry with the aid of tripod, winch, fall arrest harness and teamwork. Not Simple side vessel entry.
All delegates should have available & bring with them the following safety equipment.
The delegate who successfully completes this course will recieve an
in-house UTN card, valid for 3 years. An additional UTN certificate can
be provided for an extra £10.
- Safety shoes / boots
This course meets the criteria for CITB grants.
UTN provide each delegate with a buffet on all our full day courses.