At the end of the course, the trainee should be able to:-
- Erect scaffolds in accordance with drawings and specifications
- System falsework
- Erect and dismantle correctly:
- a tubular hanging scaffold
- a raking shore in tubes
At the end of the course, the trainee should know:-
A highly participative course with practical sessions to compliment the classroom theory session.
- The types and uses of scaffold fittings
- Tubes and boards in common use
- Construction and statutory regulations relevant to the erection and dismantling of basic, complex and designed structures
- How to interpret and correctly read scaffolding drawings and specifications
NOTE: In addition to receiving a Certificate of Training, successful
candidates are also able to achieve S/NVQ Level 3 Scaffolding.
This course will be carried out at our own CITB approved training centre.
All delegates should have available & bring with them the following safety equipment:
- Safety shoes / boots
- Fluorescent jacket/waistcoat
As little as one on our open scheduled courses up to a maximum of nine
- Overalls/work clothes
- Tool belt and Frogs
- Scaffold spanner
- Tape measure
The delegate who successfully completes this course will recieve an accredited CISRS certificate.
The delegate does not recieve a
CISRS advanced scaffolder card, this is given once the candidate
successfully completes their portfolio and NVQ Level 3 practical
This course meets the criteria for CITB grants.
The UTN administration section will give full support for the
application of this grant plus advice for health and safety touch screen