Sound Insulation Testing

By: Acoustic Associates Sussex  06/11/2013
Keywords: churches, cinema, Noise control

At Acoustic Associates we offer the following services to our clients who wish to comply with the latest Building Regulations and the requirements of their local authorities: Airborne and Impact Sound Insulation Testing in accordance with Part E of the Building Regulations. This is a requirement for new and converted homes where there is a separating partition wall or floor. Design Studies of architects drawings to ensure their compliance with Part E of the Building Regulations. This service allows you to ensure that any design faults which may lead to a sound test failure are dealt with before construction begins. We also undertake reverberation time assessments for common areas as required by Document E of the Building Regulations. Environmental Noise & Vibration surveys. This is often required by the local authority for housing and industrial developments where noise from local industrial services may be an issue. Contact your local office for a quote. One of our consultants will be happy to speak with you about all of the requirements for Pre Completion Testing (PCT). Why do I need Sound Testing & how do I know you are approved to carry out the tests? Approved Document E of The Building Regulations (2003 Edition) is the document setting out the requirements for sound insulation in buildings. It contains a requirement that organisations carrying out sound insulation testing should be third party accredited in order to demonstrate their competence to carry out such work. We are registered under The Association of Noise Consultants scheme as a testing organisation. The Association of Noise Consultants scheme has been approved by The Office of The Deputy Prime Minister as suitable for complying with the requirements. We use in-house instrumentation, both computerised and conventional, with which we can carry out measurements of airborne and impact sound insulation. Since 1st July 2003, such testing has become a mandatory requirement in material change of use properties, otherwise known generally as conversions. They are also a requirement in some types of new build properties, such as hostels, hotels, student accommodation etc. Such properties are described in Approved Document E as Rooms for Residential Purposes. New-build houses and flats do not need to be tested for sound insulation performance if they use types of construction known as Robust Details. The use of such details must also be registered with Robust Details Ltd. Alternative construction details will still be subject to pre-completion testing. If you are unsure whether the Regulations apply to your development or if your site needs sound insulation testing then give us a call and we can advise you.

Keywords: 3D Acoustic Modeling, acoustic consultants, Air Pressure Testing, Air Tightness, Air Tightness Testing, Aircraft Engine Test Cells, Auditoria, churches, cinema, Environmental Noise & Planning, Expert Witness & Court Appeal Advice, halls, Industrial & Workplace Noise, Insulation Testing, Noise at Work, Noise Consultants, Noise control, Noise Mapping & Prediction, Assessments, noise measurement, noise monitoring, Noise Survey, pressure testing, school acoustics, sound insulation, Sound Insulation Testing, Sound Insulation Tests, Sound Testing, Sound Tests, Transportation Noise, vibration measurement, vibration monitoring,

Contact Acoustic Associates Sussex


Print this page