WRITING FICTION – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
There are eight lessons in this module as follows:
1. Scope & Nature of Fiction - Elements of fiction writing, two types of fiction, characteristics of category fiction, characteristics of mainstream fiction, book, play or short story, category stories, getting an idea, backstory, types of writing, theme development, writing an analogy, writing a balanced theme, are you suited for writing, imagination, being informed, human behaviour, the importance of focus, terminology.
2. Components of a Story – beginning, middle and end - Components of a story, what is a story, basic story structure, theme, plot, characterisation, setting, style, aspects of style, a case study of genre - romance.
3. Technique…The Creative Process – conception, developing a plot, systematic approach, the creative process starts with conception, writing a synopsis of the story, developing a story, examples of plot structure, method writing, developing characters, where do characters come from, changing characters, appropriate characters, names, avoiding stereotypes, writing a draft, editing and rewriting, reviewing your draft.
4. Conception and Research - Conceiving a story, real life observations, start with a fantasy setting, parts of conception, make your conception original, researching for writers, types of research, planning a formal survey.
5. Drama - Writing a dramatic story, common mistakes in writing dramatic stories, time shifting, transition in time between events, changing protagonist, dramatic conflict, motivation, dialogue, points of view, representing character's speech.
6. Fantasy - Writing fantasy, science fiction, points to consider, writing fairy tales.
7. The Short Story - Writing a short story, characteristics of the short story, common problems for short story writers.
8. The Novel - Writing a novel, planning your novel, what makes a story endure, tips for writing a publishable novel, getting started, submitting a manuscript, which publisher.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Writing-and-Journalism/WRITING-FICTION-BWR105-469.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses