WEED CONTROL – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
The course is divided into 8 lessons as follows:
1. Weed Identification: review of the system of plant identification, general characteristics of the weeds, further information, contacts, etc.
2. Weed Control Methods: practical research on management of weeds, understanding terminology and the use of mulches
3. Chemical Weed Control: review of commercial and domestic herbicides, determining what differentiates them, their availability and use.
4. Weed Control In Specific Situations: understanding weed control strategies for particular situations, accessing first hand information about weed control from industry leaders and determining a weed control program for five different sites.
5. Safe Chemical Application: reviewing what types of chemicals and application methods are used in the industry and the required safety procedures for the handling and administrating chemical herbicides.
6. Non-Chemical Weed Control: determining any detrimental effects chemical herbicides have on the environment, reviewing non-chemical applications and their effectiveness.
7. Dealing With Specific Weed Control Problems: looking at current industry practices for weed control and the effects on the environment, in relation to specific weed control problems.
8. Developing A Major Weed Control Program: a practical lesson where the student can fully demonstrate their understanding of weed control by devising a weed management plan for a designated area.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Agriculture/WEED-CONTROLBHT209-239.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses