TROPICAL PLANTS –Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, distance education
There are ten lessons in this module as follows:
1. Introduction to Tropical Plants - Plant names/classification (scientific & common), climatic conditions, plants suited to the students locality.
2. Plant Cultural Practices -Understanding soils, naming a soil, propagation, watering, feeding, pruning etc.
3. Tropical Annuals, Perennials, Bulbous Plants, Bamboos & Lawns
4. Ornamental Gingers and Heliconias (and related plants including Alpinia, Hedychium, Zingiber, Musa & Costus
5. Cordylines, Palms & Cycads
6. Climbers, Shrubs and Trees
7. Orchids, Ferns, Aroids and Bromeliads
8. Tropical Herbs, Vegetables and Fruit Bearing Plants - including Bush tucker, Selected Vegetables, Tea & Coffee, Tropical Fruit trees
9. Growing Tropical Plants outside the Tropics - Growing tropicals indoors, in different climates and conditions.
10. Landscaping with Tropical Plants - Use of colour & texture, plant selection, planting a courtyard, preparing sketch plans.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Plant-Varieties/TROPICAL-PLANTS-BHT234-404.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, Distance learning