Sports Psychology Course – Distance Learning
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
The Sports Psychology course has 8 lessons as follows:
1. Introduction: Performance Psychology, Exercise Psychology, Environmental Influences, Aspects of Sports Psychology, Applying Sports Psychology.
2. Psychological Traits of Successful Athletes : Personality Inventory, Cognitive Techniques. State of Mind.
3. Anxiety & Arousal, Anxiety, Physiology of Anxiety, Psychology of Anxiety, Arousal, How to Maximise Psychological State, Focusing (or Centering).
4. Motivation : Motivation is the internal impulse that causes increasingly energetic action in a particular direction. Basic Principles, Intrinsic Motivation, Extrinsic Motivation Factors Affecting Motivation, Motivation for fun, Slimming for fun.
5. Aggression: Mental Rehearsal, Error Parking, Using Self Consciousness, Word Association, Anger, Conflict, Measuring Aggression, Simulated Practice, e-Event Procedure, Reliving Success, Positive, Conflict Handling Techniques.
6. Leadership & Coaching: A Coach’s Role, Getting Attention, Questioning, Punishment.
7. Team Dynamics: Group cohesion, Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing, Traits of an Effective Team, Suitable membership, Appropriate Leadership, Commitment to the Team, Concern for Achieving, Effective Work Methods, Well Organised Team Procedures, Ability To Take Criticism, Creative Strength, Positive Relationships, Positive Environment.
8. Special Groups: Stress, Post Game/Season Evaluation, Gender Differences, Elite Female Athletes, Special Considerations with Female Athletes, Disabled Persons. Children, Readiness, Dropping out.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Psychology/SPORTS-PSYCHOLOGY-BPS106-363.aspx
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses