NURSERY GROWERS COURSE – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Nursery Grower’s Course - The course is divided into six lessons as follows:
1. Plant Identification and Culture. How plants are named, scientific and common names, watering, weed control, when and how to use a glasshouse/shadehouse.
2. Plant Propagation. Overview of propagation techniques, propagating mixes, pots, hormones, propagating structures and aids.
3. Soils and Nutrition. Soil structure, soil additives, major nutrients, minor nutrients, nutrient deficiencies, salt toxicity, soil mixes, fertilisers.
4. Seed Propagation and Nursery Business. Handling seed, pre-germination treatments, handling seedlings, propagating selected species.
5. Cutting Propagation. Stem cuttings, leaf cuttings, leaf bud cuttings, propagating selected species by cuttings.
6. Pest and Disease. Identifying a problem, insects, fungal diseases, nursery hygiene.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/General-Horticulture/NURSERY-GROWERS-COURSE-VHT101-114.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information