NATURE PARK MANAGEMENT I - Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
Study nature park management, ecology, plant maintenance, wilderness park design and more. There are 12 lessons in this module as follows:
1. Introduction to Nature Park Management – the role and scope of nature parks; the importance of indigenous vegetation in nature parks.
2. Basic Ecology – the environment, plants and animals; ecosystem concepts.
3. Soil Management in Nature Parks – soil characteristics and problems; earthworks.
4. Plant Maintenance – basic gardening techniques; natural gardening; plant selection; succession planting; equipment.
5. Design of Nature/Wilderness Parks I – collecting site information; preparing concept plans.
6. Design of Nature/Wilderness Parks II – drawing the final plan; construction estimates; designing animal enclosures.
7. Weed Management – characteristics of weeds; weed control; environmental weeds.
8. Pest and Disease Management – management strategies; chemical safety.
9. Culture of Indigenous Plants – techniques for establishing vegetation; planting design.
10. Tree Management – role of trees in nature parks; tree maintenance plans; pruning and tree surgery.
11. Turf Care – turf varieties in nature parks; lawn preparation, establishment and maintenance.
12. Rehabilitation: Problems and Solutions – aims and strategies; soil problems and solutions in degraded sites.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/General-Horticulture/NATURE-PARK-MANAGEMENT-I-BEN120-87.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses