MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
There are 10 lessons in this module as follows:
1. Scope and Nature of Medical Terminology - Origins of words, structure of words, prefix examples, suffix examples.
2. Anatomical Structure - location of organs, brain structure, body position and symmetry, acronyms, symbols/shorthand used in medicine.
3. Medical Equipment and Processes - Diagnostic and surgical procedures and equipment, storage and handling of medicines, sterilizing equipment, bacteria, common bacteria encountered in a medical setting, types of wounds, problems resulting from wounds, treating wounds, cleaning wounds, electrolytes,
4. Pharmacological Terminology - Medicinal terminology, including alternative and herbal, allergens, alphablockers, anthelmintics, antibiotics, antitussives, beta blockers, carcinogens, cathartics, expectorants, hormone like effects, nervines, vasodilators, over the counter and prescription drugs, terminology for over the counter and prescription drugs, antipsychotic drugs, antidepressants.
5. Musculoskeletal System - Major muscles, musculature, the relationship between muscles and skeleton, bone and joint problems, disorders of the musculoskeletal system,
6. Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Immune Systems - Parts of the body, the heart, circulation, systole and diastole, disorders of the cardiovascular system, heart disease, heart attack, arrhythmias, abnormal blood pressure, lymphatic system, immunity, lympathic organs, leukocytes, leukocyte diagnostic terminology, vaccination, immunity, types of immunity, how vaccines work, types of vaccine, disorders of the immune system.
7. Respiratory and Reproductive Systems - The respiratory system, the lungs, respiration, pulmonary circulation, gas exchange, carbon monoxide poisoning, diagnostic procedures for lungs and airways, respiratory disorders, reproductive system- male and female, pregnancy, parturition, casearean section, VBAC and multiple gestation, premature birth and miscarriage, reproductive disorders,
8. Digestive and Excretory Systems - Digestive system, renal system, kidneys, ureters and bladder, urethra, disorders of the digestive and renal systems.
9. Integumentary System (Skin) - Integumentary system, parts of the body, structure of the integument, disorders, diagnostic procedures.
10.Nervous and Sensory Systems - Parts of the body, disorders of the nervous system, disorders of the sensory system, diagnostic procedures for nervous disorders and sensory disorders, terminology.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Health-Science/MEDICAL-TERMINOLOGY-BSC109-585.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses