Lavender Growing Course – Distance Education
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
Lavender Growing Course - The course is divided into ten lessons as follows:
1. Introduction: Classification and identification of lavender, general characteristics of the group, contacts (ie: nurseries, seed, clubs, etc.)
2. Understand the basis of all good Horticulture with Soils, Fertilisers and Nutrition for Lavender: Soil structure, pH, organic matter, ameliorants and organic growing.
3. look at the Cultural Techniques for Lavender Growing: Pruning, water management (mulching, irrigation, drainage, etc.), planting and establishment methods, crop scheduling, no dig gardening.
4. Learn how to have your own Lavender Propagation: Propagation from cuttings, propagation growth media, other propagation methods,
5. Commercial Alternatives for your Lavender: Managing a Market Garden, standards, mulches, problems and their control, weed control without chemicals, economic outlook for herbs.
6. Look at the various Selection and Breeding of Lavenders: Breeding and selecting new varieties, lavender clone selection for essential oils in Tasmania.
7. Try Building Plant Knowledge: Lavender types and other varieties, advantages and disadvantages of different varieties.
8. An overview of Harvesting, Postharvest Treatment and Storage: Harvesting, distillation and oils, post harvest preservation of fresh herbs, drying lavender.
9. Think about the Processing and Making Lavender Products: Lavender crafts, using herbs in cooking, selling herb products.
10. Learn how to Market Lavender Produce: how to market your produce, considering your market, market research, selling successfully.
DURATION: 100 hours
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Herbs/GROWING-LAVENDER-BHT228-210.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses