GROWING LAVENDER – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
Learn more about growing lavender, lavender propagation, lavender culture techniques and more. The course is divided into ten lessons as follows:
1. Introduction: Classification and identification of lavender, general characteristics of the group, contacts (ie: nurseries, seed, clubs, etc.)
2. Understand the basis of all good Horticulture with Soils, Fertilisers and Nutrition for Lavender: Soil structure, pH, organic matter, ameliorants and organic growing.
3. look at the Cultural Techniques for Lavender Growing: Pruning, water management (mulching, irrigation, drainage, etc.), planting and establishment methods, crop scheduling, no dig gardening.
4. Learn how to have your own Lavender Propagation: Propagation from cuttings, propagation growth media, other propagation methods,
5. Commercial Alternatives for your Lavender: Managing a Market Garden, standards, mulches, problems and their control, weed control without chemicals, economic outlook for herbs.
6. Look at the various Selection and Breeding of Lavenders: Breeding and selecting new varieties, lavender clone selection for essential oils in Tasmania.
7. Try Building Plant Knowledge: Lavender types and other varieties, advantages and disadvantages of different varieties.
8. An overview of Harvesting, Postharvest Treatment and Storage: Harvesting, distillation and oils, post harvest preservation of fresh herbs, drying lavender.
9. Think about the Processing and Making Lavender Products: Lavender crafts, using herbs in cooking, selling herb products.
10. Learn how to Market Lavender Produce: how to market your produce, considering your market, market research, selling successfully.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Herbs/GROWING-LAVENDER-BHT228-210.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses