Grief Counselling Course Duration 100 Hours
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
The course is divided into eight lessons as follows:
1. Nature and Scope of Grief and Bereavement
2. Stages of Grief
3. Grief and Children
4. Grief and adolescents
5. Adjustment to Bereavement
6. Abnormal Grief
7. Preparing for Grief and Bereavement
8. Future outlook and long-term grief
• Describe the nature and scope of grief and bereavement counselling and individuals’ attitudes to grief.
• To identify through continuing exploration, the meaning and responses of a wide range of loss situations, taking cultural variations into account.
• To describe the different ways that children may respond to grief and to develop appropriate strategies for helping them to cope.
• Determine the different ways that adolescents may respond to grief and to examine how these perspectives have translated into counselling practice
• To describe the different means through which individuals are able to adjust to loss and to consider other options available to them.
• To describe when an individual’s response to grief may be considered abnormal and to discuss methods of assisting such individuals.
• Define the different ways of preparing for grief and bereavement and to consider social, cultural and psychological perspectives.
• Describe separation, loneliness, the effects of long-term grief and long-term counselling support strategies.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Psychology/GRIEF-COUNSELLING-BPS209-548.aspx
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses