GARDEN CENTRE MANAGEMENT – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
Garden Centre Management course. The course is divided into 12 lessons as follows:
1. Introduction: Plant classification, plant cultural requirements, soil and nutrition, watering requirements, drainage, temperature, light, humidity.
2. Plant Health: How to diagnose a problem, pests, diseases, nutrient deficiencies, frost, sunburn, chemical damage, insufficient light, overwatering.
3. Stock Maintenance: Quality standards, buying new stock, inspecting stock, extending stock life, disposing of below-standard stock, watering techniques, fertilising, pest and disease control.
4. Display and Display Techniques: Display units, product location, sales area layout.
5. Garden Product Knowledge I: Plant containers, tags, soil mixes, equipment, tools.
6. Garden Product Knowledge II: Chemicals, fertilisers, baskets, terrariums, cut flowers.
7. Indoor Plants: Major groups, common problems, plants for specific situations, customer attitudes.
8. Container Stock: Trees and Shrubs.
9. Seedlings, Bulbs, Herbs and Perennials.
10. A: Deciduous Trees, Fruit, Nuts, Berries.
11. Marketing: Pricing strategy, advertising, promotions.
12. Management: Staff control, staff productivity, work scheduling.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/General-Horticulture/GARDEN-CENTRE-MANAGEMENT-BHT255-116.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses