FREELANCE WRITING – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
There are ten lessons:
1. Introduction - Categories of freelance writing, getting started, resources, resourcing the market, sources of information, how to develop yourself as a freelance writer, publishing alternatives, self-publishing, terminology.
2. Basic Writing Skills - How to improve a piece of writing, essential writing skills, types of language, informative language, clear communication, making meaning clear, inconcise writing, condensing your writing, grammar, rules of speech, punctuation, spelling, sentence structure, building a paragraph.
3. Planning what you write - Conceptualisation, developing a concept, writing an outline or synopsis, planning your writing, word budget, writing structure, writing process, a writing routine, writer's equipment.
4. The Publishing World -Contacting publishers, periodicals, books, sample publisher's contract, protection of writer's work, copyright, income from writing, copyright licensing payments, lending rights.
5. Manuscripts - Preparing and presenting your manuscript for publication, editing, writing a sales package, the publishing process, presentation requirements, submitting your work.
6. Newspaper Writing - Newspaper article types, news articles, short features, investigative article, human interest article, regular columns, fillers, local newspaper articles, interviews, conducting an interview.
7. Magazine Writing - Magazine articles, what does a publisher/editor consider, article types, feature articles, how to articles, hobbies and sports articles, human interest, personal experience, service articles, interviews, travel writing.
8. Writing Books - Fiction, writing fiction, plot, other factors to consider, non-fiction books, textbooks, other non-fiction books, fact finding, getting a book contract, books in print.
9. Writing Advertising - Writing for public relations, writing press releases, writing a promotional campaign, selling, effectiveness.
10. Special Assignment - Reviewing your writing. Special assignment.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Writing-and-Journalism/FREELANCE-WRITING-BWR102-276.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses