ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT –Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
There are 8 lessons in this course as follows:
1. Types of Employment for Environmental Scientists – Pre purchase inspections, background data, Flora and Fauna Surveys, Open Space Management Plans, Detection of Pollutants, Use of Plants, Remediation of Polluted Sites.
2. Introduction to Environmental Assessment – What is Environmental Assessment? Definitions of Environmental Assessment, General Principles and Overview of Environmental Assessment.
3. International Environmental Law – Foundations of Environmental Law, Making International Laws (Treaties and Customary Law), Milestones in International Environmental Law, Principles of International Environmental Law, Institutions that influence Environmental Law, Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Law.
4. Domestic Environmental Law – Examples of Domestic Environmental Law, Research into Domestic Environmental law.
5. Types of Environmental Assessments - Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Impact Statement, Risk Assessment/ Risk Analysis, Ecological Risk Assessment, Strategic Environment Assessment, Environmental Audit, Regional Risk Screening, Ecological Impact Assessment, Social Impact Assessments and Statements, Economic and Fiscal Impact Assessment, Health Impact Assessment.
6. The Design and Process of Environmental Assessment – Steps in the Environmental Assessment Process (Scoping, Screening, Alternatives to the Proposal, Collection and Analysis of Information, Public Involvement, Reporting the Findings of the Study, Post Project Analysis) Study design (Baseline Studies, Predicting Impacts, Mitigation Measures), Data Collection and Analysis.
7. Writing Environmental Reports – The Scientific Method and Report Writing, Generic Outline for an Environmental Statement, Examples of Suggested Layouts for Environmental Assessments, Effective Report Writing.
8. Research Project - The Research Project is the student’s opportunity to test out their skills as an environmental consultant. In this project, the student will carry out a small environmental assessment and write it up as a professional report.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Environmental/ENVIRONMENTAL-ASSESSMENT-BEN-301-508.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses