EFFICIENT WRITING – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
There are six lessons:
1. Introduction: Communication and language - writing for business, writing for study, writing for enjoyment, types of documents, what is efficient writing, key points, what is communication, communication process, types of communication, communication channels, communicating efficiently, communicating for a purpose, your reader, content, methods of communicating, terminology.
2. Basic Writing Skills: Speech parts and Grammar - parts of speech, nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions,conjunctions, interjections, plurals, possessive nouns and pronouns, common grammatical errors, irregular verbs,sentences, sentence structure, types of sentences, constructing sentences, combining sentences, adding modifying words, phrases, linking words and phrases.
3. Clear Wording: Common causes of confusion - making meaning clear, glossing, defining, type of language, informative language, persuasive language, imaginative language, literal language, formal language, slang, simplicity, building a paragraph,using appropriate language.
4. Concise Wording: Condensing your writing - common problems from lack of conciseness, active and passive voice, condensing a text.
5. Punctuation and Accuracy: Punctuation, colon, semi-colon, dash, comma, spelling, spelling rules, American or English spelling.
6. Using Writing Skills: letters, essays, business formats, business letters, parts of a business letter, planning what you write, writing a business letter, writing an answer or essay, referencing.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Writing-and-Journalism/EFFICIENT-WRITING-AWR102-272.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses