EDITING II – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
There are eight lessons in this module as follows:
1. Introduction to Editing - State of the Art - a diverse and skilled job, traditional and modern editing, scope and editing, terminology, writing job specifications.
2. Refining Text Exiting - Common traps - Proofing documents, how much editing, who does what, terminology.
3. Editing Headings, Headlines and Captions - Heading, captions, supporting material, headings, headlines, cations, terminology.
4. Graphics - Line drawings, technical illustrations, half tones, maps, charts, tables, diagrams, electronic processing of graphic images, pixels, bits and colour depth, pixels and resolution, colour and black and white, image formats, types of files, processing graphics, choosing and designing with photos, what does the editor need to do with graphics, electronic publishing, terminology.
5. Editing and Design - Layout and design, page ayout, desktop publishing software, what is desktop publishing, image manipulation.
6. Matching Style and Context - Targeting the reader, style, terminology.
7. Legal and Ethical Issues - Legal and ethical issues in publishing, copyright, copyright free materials, copyright misconceptions, defamation, libel, contract law, right to privacy, reporting restrictions, law and the internet, CD/film and other electronic publishing, terminology.
8. Editing Project - a practical editing project to end the course and utilise your new skills.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Writing-and-Journalism/EDITING-II-BWR302-524.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses