EDITING 1 – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
1. Introduction to Editing – the role and scope of editing, tools for editing, editing skills, the production process, an overview, who does what in publishing?
2. The Mechanics of Clear Writing – spelling, punctuation, grammar, language, style, tense.
3. Assessing Manuscripts – readability, word length, structure, consistencies and inaccuracies, the reader’s report, substantive editing, the author’s responsibilities, the author/editor relationship.
4. Copy Editing I – what the copy editor does, the procedure, house style, style sheets.
5. Copy Editing II – marking up, parts of a publication, editing non-text material, illustrations.
6. Preparing Copy for Printing – type design and page layout, proof stages.
7. Proof Reading
8. The Final Stages – indexes, blurbs, checking final proofs.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Writing-and-Journalism/EDITING-1-BWR106--486.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses