Digital Photography Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
There are eleven lessons in the Digital Photography course.
There are 11 lessons in this course:
1. Introduction To Digital Technology: How images are captured and stored, categories of equipment & software, scope of applications
2. Equipment -getting started; deciding what you need : CCD's, Image Sizes, Raster Images,, Video Cards, Colour depth, Computer terminology etc.
3. Digital Technology: Colour, resolution, sensors (how technology enables digital images to be captured).
4. Digital Cameras: Image formation, lenses, camera stability, one shot cameras, 3 shot cameras, terminology (eg.DPI, DVD, Bit, EDO RAM, Plug In etc)
5. Taking Photographs: Principles of Photo Composition, Creating effects, Default Setting, Compression of Data, Dithering, Halftones etc
6. Scanning Images : Techniques which can be used for digitally capturing images from film photographs, or graphics
7. Uploading Images : How digital images can be transferred effectively from a camera (or scanner) onto another device (eg. a computer, video monitor, television set, etc).
8. The Digital Darkroom: Techniques that can be used to process digital photographs within a computer to achieve improved or changed images
9. Compositing & Imaging - Production & manipulation of images; How digital photos can be manipulated and changed to produce altered images
10. Special Effects: Scope and nature of special effects that can be created with digital photographs
11. Outputs & Applications- Printers, The Internet; How and where digital photography can effectively be used.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Photography/DIGITAL-PHOTOGRAPHY-BPH202--282.aspx
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses