DIAGNOSING ANIMAL DISEASES – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
This course has nine lessons:
1. How Animal Diseases are Diagnosed - Conducting clinical examinations, gross and clinical pathology, information to collect and how to collect it (live animal and necropsy samples), specialist support services to assist in diagnosis (i.e. types of laboratories, specialist vets etc)
2. Diagnostic Testing - Pathways followed to detect and diagnose different types of diseases, information to be supplied with samples for diagnostic testing, and diagnostic techniques
3. Viral Diseases - Characteristics of viruses and the significance of a range of viral diseases that affect animals. You will study viral taxonomy, types and structure of viruses, virus replication cycle, transmission, and some common viral conditions.
4. Bacteria and Fungal Diseases - This lesson looks at the characteristics of bacterial and fungal organisms. Topics include: laboratory identification, controlling infections, specimen collection, and important disease conditions.
5. Parasitological Conditions - Discuss and differentiate a range of conditions that are caused by parasites. Topics include: Terminology and classification, life cycles, protozoa, helminths, and arthropods.
6. Metabolic and Nutritional Conditions - Lesson covers a range of common metabolic conditions affecting cattle, horses, pigs, sheep/goats, cats and dogs
7. Poisoning - Discuss and differentiate some common disorders that result from poisoning or toxins. These include: Cardio-respiratory, Central Nervous System (CNS), dermatological, gastrointestinal, hepatological, and haematological disorders.
8. Inherited Conditions (Genetic Disorders) - Discuss types of genetic inheritance, and give examples of genetic diseases affecting horses, dogs, and cats.
9. Other Conditions and Disorders - Identify and discuss miscellaneous conditions such as allergies, dehydration, and age related conditions.
10. Research Project -In this project you will evaluate symptoms of ill-health or disease displayed by a set of animals, and go through the process of identifying the problem and deciding on a course of treatment.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Agriculture/DIAGNOSING-ANIMAL-DISEASES-BAG219-684.aspx
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses