CLASSROOM DELIVERY SKILLS – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
Eight lessons covering -
1. Interpersonal communication in education - Basic principles of communication, verbal and non-verbal communication, factors affecting communication, self-awareness and communication, reactive patterns, intent, teacher student ratio, factors affecting communication in the classroom, student diversity, student expectations, teacher's needs and expectations, society and culture, communication and education approaches, teacher-centred and student-centred learning, verbal skills for classroom teaching, questioning, lecturing or giving a talk, elements of lecturing.
2. Listening Skills - Stages of listening, key elements of listening in the classroom, obstacles to listening, anxiety, hearing, lack of interest, bias, selective attention, bias, negativity, listening skills, active listening, empathic listening, responding to received communications.
3. Understanding motivation - What is motivation? Variables of motivation, theories of motivation, Maslow's theory of motivation, motivations, primary, unlearned motivators, secondary or learned motivators, motivation and anxiety, motivation and distress.
4. Motivational factors - Incentives, internal and external incentives, relational character of incentives, enhancing intrinsic motivators, social reinforcers as incentives, influence of groups on individual motivation, social loafing.
5. Applying motivation to education - Motivation and goals, expectations, vicious and virtuous cycles, practical applications, assessing student's current situation, deal with emotions, identify existing barriers to learning, establish goals and priorities, locate and apply useful resources.
6. Stress management - Flight or fight response, long term problems, what happens when a person is stressed, stress management program.
7. Conflict management - What is conflict? Conflict handling techniques, anger, dealing with anger in others, modifying anger, role play and conflict management.
8. Mediation and Negotiation - What is negotiation? Establishment groups, community groups, joint problem solving approach, effective negotiating behaviour, mediation, mediator's responsibilities, facilitation, attributes of a good facilitator, balance of power, power imbalance, group work and discussion, conflict training exercises.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Education-and-Research/CLASSROOM-DELIVERY-SKILLS-BGN106-554.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses