CHILDRENS WRITING – Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
There are ten lessons in this unit, as follows:
1. Introduction: Understanding Children - their thoughts, needs, development.
2. Overview of Children’s Writing: Categories (fiction & non fiction), understanding the market place; analyse & understand what is needed for the different categories, etc.
3. Conceptualisation: Conceiving a concept…where & how to find inspiration/influence. Developing a concept … how to plan.
4. Children’s Writing for Periodicals: Children’s pages in magazines, newspapers, etc.
5. Short Stories
6. Non-Fiction: Texts - writing to satisfy curriculum. Other - nature, history, biography, hobbies.
7. Fiction: Settings, Characterisation, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Adventure.
8. Picture Books and Story Books.
9. Editing your work: Grammar, spelling & punctuation. Improving clarity. Cleaning out clutter; expansions.
10. Project - write a short story, picture book or kids page for a (hypothetical) periodical.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Writing-and-Journalism/CHILDRENS-WRITING-BWR104-277.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses