Biochemistry III - Plant Biochemical Processes - 100 hour distance learning course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, Biochemistry, correspondence courses
There are eleven lessons in this module as follows:
1. Introduction - Introduction to Metablism, Energy Transfer within the Cell
2. Glycolysis- ATP, Glycolysis, Pentose Phosphate Pathway
3. Movement Through Membranes - Lipids and Fats, Membranes, Kinetics and Mechanisms of Transport, Ionophores, Aquaporins.
4. Electron Transport and Oxidative Phosphorylation - Mitochondria, Electron Transport, Oxidative Phosphorylation, Citric Acid Cycle, Controls of ATP Production
5. Sugar and Polysaccharide Metabolism - Monosaccharides, Disaccharides, Polysaccharides, Sucrose, Starches, Starch Biosynthesis, Carbohydrate Metabolism, Gluconeogenesis, Cell Wall
6. Lipid Metabolism - Lipids, Fatty Acid Biosynthesis, Glycerolipid and Phospholipid Formation, TAG Formation, Fatty Acid Oxidation, Wound Sealing
7. Photosynthesis- Chloroplasts, Light Reactions, Dark Reactions, Photorespiration, CAM
8. Nucleotide Metabolism - Nucleotides, Nitrogen Fixation, Assimilation of Ammonia into Amino Acids, Formation of Deoxyribonucleotides, Nucleotide Degradation.
9. Enzyme Activity - Enzyme Classification, Kinetics, Regulation
10. Reproductive Processes in Plants - Sexual and Asexual Reproduction, Gene Expression, RNA and Protein Synthesis, Eukaryotic DNA Replication
11. Other Processes - Hormones, Growth Regulators, Other Hormones, Use of Plant Hormones in Horticulture.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Science/BIOCHEMISTRY-III-PLANT-BIOCHEMICAL-PROCESSES-BSC302-561.aspx
, biochemistry course
, correspondence courses
, distance education
, Distance learning
, plant biochemistry course
, plant biochemistry cousre