AZALEAS and RHODODENDRONS - Distance Learning Course
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
There are eight lessons as outlined below, in this course, each requiring about around 10 or more hours of work. Overall, the course can be completed in around 100 hours.
• Nature and scope of Rhododendrons
• Nature and scope of Azaleas (Evergreen and Deciduous)
• Review of the system of plant identification
• Pronouncing plant names
• Classification of Rhododendrons and sub genera
• Information contacts (i.e.: nurseries, seed, clubs etc.)
• Adjusting soil
• Pests and Diseases on Rhododendrons and Azaleas
• Potting media
• Maintaining plants grown in containers
• Cutting Propagation of Rhododendrons and Azaleas
• Factors affecting propagation success
• Using Hormones for cutting propagation
• Propagation of selected varieties (variations in propagating different types)
• Propagation by layering.
• Types of cuttings
• Care of cuttings
4. The most Commonly Grown Varieties of Azaleas.
• R. arborescens -a very popular species
• Indica hybrids
• Kurume hybrids
• Mollis hybrids
• Other deciduous hybrids
• Uses for Azaleas
5. Most Commonly Grown Varieties of Rhododendrons.
• Rock Rhododendrons
• Other tropical Rhododendrons
• Cultivated Rhododendron species
6. Lesser Grown Varieties.
• Obscure species
• Varieties that have become less popular
• Alpine Roses
• Yak Hybrids
• Lesser grown Azaleas
7. Making the best use of these plants.
• Garden Design with Azaleas and Rhododendrons
• Step by Step Design
• Creating a Garden Room
• Managing colour in your design
• Rock Gardens
• Container Growing
• Forcing flowers
8. Special Assignment. On one selected plant or group.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Plant-Varieties/AZALEAS-and-RHODODENDRONS-VHT106-151.aspx
Or email us at [email protected] for more information
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses