Aquarium Management course (distance learning)
ACS Distance Education
Distance learning, correspondence courses, distance education
Aquarium Management course - Learn to manage an aquarium Distance Learning
• Freshwater or salt
• Small or large
• Home, hobby or commercial applications, tourism, conservation or any other purpose
Water quality management is perhaps the most important aspect to control when it comes to keeping a healthy balanced interaction between the water conditions and the species. There are a number of factors that interact with each other that can affect positively or negatively the dynamics of the ecosystem. Therefore, getting to know these features becomes essential when keeping a well balanced and easy to manage aquarium is desired.Whether you choose to have a saltwater tank or a freshwater tank, you will need to take care and protect your system and equipment, however, as salt is a corrosive agent, a freshwater tank may be more recommended for beginners because it may be easier to maintain.
WHAT IS IN THE COURSE?
There are 10 lessons in this course:
1. Scope and Nature of Aquarium Management –Home, Commercial, Tourism, Pet Shops, Conservation; Fresh or Salt Water, Types of Equipment, Size, Complexity
2. The Water Ecosystem -Animals, plants, interrelationships
3. Water Quality and Management
4. Equipment and System Design –tanks, filters, heating, cooling, light…
5. What Species –Fish, Avoiding prohibited or noxious fish.
6. Diseases. Fish Health
7. Freshwater Tanks
8. Simple Saltwater Tanks
9. Aquarium Maintenance
10. Breeding Fish
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Find out more at http://www.acsedu.co.uk/Courses/Pet-Care/AQUARIUM-MANAGEMENT-BEN105-744.aspx
, distance education
, Distance learning
, Study Courses