IOSH Managing Safely v4
Safety Improvements And Training Limited
IOSH, Iosh Managing Safely, Iosh Working Safely
The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health’s Managing safely is for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation. It's designed to get managers up to speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams.
Managing safely won’t turn learners into health and safety experts – but it will give them the knowledge and tools to tackle the health and safety issues they’re responsible for. Importantly – it brings home why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
On successful completion of the course, delegates should be able to:
• Explain what is meant by managing safely.
• Explain how to assess risk and carry out a simple risk assessment.
• Implement practical methods to reduce or control risks.
• Explain their legal responsibilities and accountabilities.
• Explain the component parts of a recognised safety management system such as HSG65.
• Outline the main provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
• Identify a range of common workplace hazards.
• Understand how to report accidents and incidents and undertake accident investigation.
• Demonstrate practical methods to measure performance in health and safety.
• Explain the impact of waste and pollution to the environment.
Four day: Examination (25 question, multi-format assessment) on the final day plus a risk assessment based project to be returned within two weeks after course completion.
, Iosh Managing Safely
, Iosh Working Safely