Energy Performance certificate

Energy Performance certificate from Energy Surveys (epc) North East

By: Energy Surveys (epc) North East  19/10/2011
Keywords: commercial energy assessor, Energy Certificate

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is now required when selling a property, whether domestic or commercial. An EPC is also required when renting a property, both domestic and commercial.
We are often asked 'what is involved' in an EPC?
For a domestic property, we gather information on the property (size/age/construction/extensions), lighting, heating (boiler/radiators/fires), insulation and how the water is heated. This takes about half to one hour. At the office, calculations are carried out and the data is input into software that will calculate the Energy Rating. The EPC is lodged on the Landmark website and available to the client and Energy Assessor. Our price includes sending the EPC to our client by e-mail or post. We usually provide landlords with two paper copies and e-mail a copy to the Letting Agent. We also provide the landlord with information on Tax Incentives exclusively for Landlords (LESA) and information on exactly how the EPC is to be used.
A Commercial EPC is more complicated. The same type of information is required but the calculations are much more complicated. In addition, a commercial property is zoned by activity, heating, lighting and physical properties. It takes longer to collect information and, back at the office, hours to do the calculations. The software calculates the EPC and Recommendation Report and both are lodged on the Landmark website and available for the Energy Assessor and the client.

Keywords: commercial energy assessor, Energy Certificate

Contact Energy Surveys (epc) North East


Print this page