Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
Business Impact UK Ltd
lean, Continuous Improvement, VSM
Value Stream Mapping (VSM), sometimes referred to as the “Learning to See” Map or cartoon, has emerged as a very popular and clear way to illustrate the current state and desired future state of a process.
The value stream map differs from the process map in that it shows both the physical and information flows on one diagram, thus enabling you to see what the situation is and why this is the case.
Who is it for?
• Businesses who want to start on the lean journey.
• Managers who want to structure the improvement process.
• VSM is applicable to both manufacturing and process.
Workshop consists of:
Mapping a familiar product from dock to dock. Normally a 2-Day activity, mapping a process from your business whilst identifying improvement opportunities and a future state map.
• Walk through and see the whole process
• Map both current state and future state
• Targeting Kaizen activity where it will benefit
• Identifying the lead time against the process cycle time
• Creating an action plan for achieving the future state
• Identify training needs of the business for continuous improvement
, value stream mapping