Introduction to Lean
Business Impact UK Ltd
business process, lean, Lean Manufacturing
This one-day session is designed to provide an understanding of the principles of Lean Manufacturing and how these principles can be applied within the workplace. The session introduces the fundamental concepts and philosophy of lean methodology and allows participants to apply these in a simple “production line” practical activity.
Theory covered includes:
• Lean Manufacturing – objectives, benefits, elements
• Batch Manufacturing versus Lean
• “Value-Add” and “Non Value-Add”
• The Toyota Productions System and Lean
• The Eight Wastes (Muda)
• Visual Management
• Standard Operations
• Line Balancing and Pull Systems
• Kaizen and the PDCA Cycle
• The Lean Organisation and Flexibility
Who is it for?
This course is primarily for Management Teams responsible for implementing Lean.
Upon successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
• Describe the principles of Lean Manufacturing and the benefits of applying lean concepts across a business
• Explain the importance of standardisation and Standard Operating Procedures
• List the stages in the application of a 5S programme
• Define the terms value-add and non value-add in a Lean Manufacturing environment
, Lean Manufacturing