Across Surrey there are some 6,000 people who are visually impaired and known to SAVI. It’s highly likely that at least double that number need our help and support today. At SAVI we continue to work hard to ensure that all visually impaired people in Surrey are well provided for through:
· Professional rehabilitation and low vision services.
· Well stocked Resource Centre providing equipment and professional advice.
· Children and adult recreation
· Computer training
· Home visiting and phone friends
· Communication classes
· Benefits advice
· Outreach workers
· Transcription services
· Newsletters and specialist information
· Training and raising awareness of sensory disability.
SAVI has a great team of professional staff and volunteers who are dedicated to working to ensure that visually impaired people may live fuller and more independent lives.