At one point or another in your professional career, you will need a reliable transcription service to help you produce high-quality transcripts of lectures, interviews, discussions, legal disputes and settlements, and other recorded audio. When that time comes, make sure to work only with highly trained professionals who can produce intelligently edited and/or strict verbatim transcripts, while maintaining confidentiality, especially when it comes to sensitive information and documents.
Go for companies that have been in the service for many years so you can take advantage of their level of experience and training in the field. It is also best to find a company that specializes in various areas of transcription, from interviews to group discussions, and legal transcriptions, so you can be sure of the quality of work and the expertise they can bring to the table. There are many different types of different companies including:
1. Group Discussion Transcription – This requires precise transcription and interpretation of group discussions with multiple speakers. These types of transcriptions can help you decode and review important portions of team meetings, group discussions, brainstorming sessions, staff retreats, yearly planning, and similar types of discussions, where more than one person is speaking.
2. Interview Transcription – This refers to word-for-word transcription of presentations, dictations, in-depth interviews and all other types of one-on-one or group banter. Interviews can be about any subject imaginable from current events to industry topics, and more.
3. Medical Transcription – Medical transcription services require strict qualifications. You don't want just anyone transcribing difficult terminologies and jargons that can often only be interpreted correctly by people with experience or knowledge in the field. Go for services that have specialization in this area and can easily decipher difficult medical terminologies.
4. Legal Transcription – Hire a team with expertise in legal terms and are keen in keeping accuracy and confidentiality of these often sensitive conversations. Legal transcribers must have extensive knowledge of the legal language, including style and grammar to keep transcriptions accurate.
5. Market Research Transcription – Transcriptions for market-research purposes in various industries, from PR to telecoms, B2B, B2C, etc. Market research is one of the most crucial components of business strategies, helping companies determine their strengths and weaknesses and play on what their brand does the best. Through reliable market research transcription, it is easier to analyse market needs.
About The Author:
This article is written by Joe McGowan, who is associated with . McGowan Transcriptions are the leaders in digital transcription services in the UK and are at the forefront of digital transcription technology.