The Builder Training Centre (The BTC) offers a 3 day Advanced Plastering and Floor Screeding course over weekends or 3 weekdays which is aimed at students who have some previous plastering experience. Attendance of our 5 day/splitter weekend plastering foundation course typically provides this experience.
Students attending the Advanced Plastering and Floor Screeding Course will be working in their own bays with window openings and a mock up chimney breast. The aim of this Advanced Plastering and Floor Screeding Course is to brush up on the finer skills of plastering and to teach students the art of timing.
Tasks for the Advanced Plastering and Floor Screeding Course will include:
- Boarding ceiling, walls and chimney breasts
- Fitting board beads and creating an arch
- Dot, dab and fix boarding to back wall
- Skimming ceiling, walls, chimney breasts and arch
- Preparing floor ready for screeding
- Applying floor screed