There are two types of home survey report available depending upon the age and type of property you are purchasing:
The Building Survey (formerly the Structural Survey)
The name was changed by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors some years ago to Building Survey which is the most detailed survey out of the types of home survey available. Building Surveys are particularly suited to very large, very old or unusual properties and can be tailored to the needs of the client and type of building. Building Surveys are more detailed inspections providing a comprehensive and detailed report. A Building Survey enables you, on confirming instructions to us to draw to our attention any particular concerns you may have prior to the survey and also allows you to have a post report consultation to clarify any aspect of concern.
This is a detailed standard inspection and report designed by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to give the buyer important information on the properties condition, submitted in a user friendly and jargon-free format noting:
* Any serious defects and urgent repair requirements.
* Colour coded condition ratings for each part of the building making the report easy to understand.
* Serious risks and hazards such as structural movement, damp and timber defects.
* Any further investigation the surveyor considers necessary.
* Any issues which need to be referred to the legal adviser.
* A market valuation and advice on whether or not the property is a reasonable purchase at the agreed price.
* Highlights what decisions and actions should be taken before contracts are exchanged.
Homebuyer Surveys are available from an all inclusive fee of just £260.00.
Our surveys are covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance, to offer you extra protection.