Music, METAL, bands
Surface Unsigned has teamed up with more great sponsors in order to ensure the best UK Unsigned Festival of 2009. As well as Marshall, Kerrang, Zildjian, Tama, Evans, Planet Waves, Ashdown, D’addario, PMT, Univibe Audio, Music Live and Oxjam we now have Entertainment Distribution Company (EDC), Shure Distribution, Surface Digital and Backstreet Merch on board.
The Surface Unsigned Festival aims to provide the biggest and best opportunities for unsigned bands and that is why we have arranged The Surface Unsigned National Showcase 2009 to be held at the Indig02 in London. The Indig02 has a flexible capacity of 2,400 and has seen acts such as; Jools Holland, Timbaland, Joss Stone, Ne-Yo, Usher, Estelle, T-Pain and Busta Rhymes to name a few. It has also held events such as The Eagles album launch and the X-Factor’s exclusive 'Boot-Camp' episodes. For further information on the indigo02 please visit www.theindigo2.co.uk . This venue will provide a fantastic opportunity for the best bands of the Surface Unsigned Festival 09 to showcase their talent in front of their fans and of course the Surface Unsigned Committee who will be deciding the winning bands and musicians.
Surface Unsigned aims to award the winning bands and musicians with prizes which will help them along the way on their path to success within the music industry. Surface Unsigned has been arranging top prizes to award the winning bands and musicians of the 2009 Festival:
• £5,000 Cash
• 40 hours multi-track recording and 25 hours rehearsal (spec: DDA AMR24 mixing console, Apple mac Quad Core, Logic Studio 8, Westlake BBSM8 full range monitors, Focusrite Class A preamps, EMO professional power distribution)
• Professional Full day photo shoot - studio or location, art direction, hair / makeup, stylist, post production
• Digital distribution courtesy of Surface Digital – Winning band will have a chart eligible single release to over 700 stores including mobile, digital, and ringtones
• Featured content on Surface Unsigned online TV station and Surface Unsigned Magazine (50,000 copies)
• DMK57/52 (Shure Microphone Drum Kit), 2 x SM58 mic’s, 2 x Beta58 mic’s, PGX24/SM58 wireless system including wireless SM58 mic and 2 x KSM141 Instrument Mic’s
• Marshall Rig
• Ashdown Rig
• Tama Kit
• Zildjian Custom A cymbals
• 15 x sets of D’Addario XL strings, 15 x sets of D’Addario Bass strings, Planet Waves S.O.S. Guitar Tuner, Planet Waves S.O.S. Bass Tuner, 5 x Planet Waves Instrument Cables, Planet Waves Capo, Evans Tom Pack (3 tom heads), Evans Snare Head and an Evans Drum Key courtesy of Planet Wanes, D’Addario, Evans
• 100 T-shirts, 200 badges and 500 stickers courtesy of Back Street Merch (Razorlight, The Charlatans, Babyshambles, Download Festival)
• CD pressing QTY 1,000 units (single or album) format with either 4/0 j-card or 4p 4/1 booklet & 4/0 inlay and final over-wrap courtesy of EDC (Entertainment Distribution Company)
• Main stage appearance at Music Live 2009 (the largest Music show in Europe - 25,000 people) and at the Surface Unsigned Stage. Music Live has played host to the likes of Duff McKagan (Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver), Bullet For My Valentine’s Matt Tuck, Dave Kushner (Velvet Revolver), Slayer’s Kerry King, Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Rick Parfitt (Status Quo), Black Stone Cherry, Roy Mayorga (Stone Sour) and Tyla (Dogs D’Amour)
• Live appearance on Red T.V.
• Press release to over 45,000 music-related email-addresses.
To apply to the festival please visit our website www.surfaceunsigned.co.uk and fill out an online application.
In 2009 events will be held in Manchester, Birmingham, London, Bristol and Cardiff making it the biggest event of its kind.
We look forward to the 2009 events and hope to see you there!