AGME has manufactured a rotary transfer machine for assembling car horncomponents for a leading automotive components manufacturer. The machine has been installed in their manufacturing plant in China.
Riveting 4 contacts to a metal base.
Riveting a tubular rivet to join the metal base to a plastic connector.
Cycle time: 20/22 seconds.
AGME has designed a 4 stations rotary transfer machine with the following features:
- Bed base with aluminium profile
- 4 stations rotary indexing table Æ600 mm
- Set of 4 fixtures each with 2 location nests.
Automatic feeding of 4 contacts
Automatic feeding of a tubular rivet
Manual feeding of the supports on contacts and rivets
Feeding of the connector with the two terminals
- The fixtures will carry mechanical poka-yokes and locations to hold the terminals in position
- Cycle Start button
- Turning of the rotary table
Riveting of 4 contacts and rivet.
- Punch holder with 5 riveting punches on 2 columns
- Pneumatic cylinder of 2 tons and stroke
- The punches have contacts correct position detectors as well as hold down devices to join the parts before riveting
- The riveting process is carried out. The nok parts are ejected at the 4 station
- Ok/nok parts automatic ejection
- Control by plc Siemens Automation S7-300
- Tactile operating board Siemens