Pulverizors are used for both regrind and virgin plastic materials. Typical applications include PVC for the pipe and profile extrusion industry and PE for rotational moulding and compounding applications.
- Material is fed into the pulverizor grinding chamber by a variable speed vibratory feeder and is ground between one static and one rotating disc.
- A 2 point temperature monitoring system ensures constant material temperature.
- Final powder size is determined by the gap between the static and rotating discs which is easily adjusted externally from the grinding chamber.
- Ground material is pneumatically conveyed from the pulverizor grinding chamber to an optional screening device where good material is bagged off and oversize material automatically returned to the grinding chamber.
- Pulverizors may be equipped with either one piece or segmented grinding discs.