Since 1977 the Department for Transport has conducted the National Roads Maintenance Condition Survey (NRMCS) assessing the condition of England’s roads.
Until very recently this data survey did not include England’s unclassified roads, which account for 60% of the local road network by length, and 20% of vehicle traffic by volume. According to a recent article in SURVEYOR magazine, we can see that following extensive CVI’s (Customer Visual Inspections) UK unclassified roads have an average ranking of just 13.86%
The state of UK roads has been the cause for many a heated debate in recent times, with many online discussion forums filled with cases of roads in need of repair, potholes, and consumer insurance claims for vehicle damage.
At Instarmac, we see ourselves as innovators in this field – with over 30 years of experience in the development and manufacture of road repair materials, pothole filling products and road maintenance systems. Our market-leading Ultracrete Instant Road Repair cold lay macadam, is the perfect solution for pothole repair across the UK.
Ultracrete Instant Road Repair is a BBA/HAPAS approved cold lay surfacing macadam for first-time permanent repairs in footways, footpaths, cycle tracks and type 2, 3 and 4 roads.
· Part of the Ultracrete BBA/HAPAS Approved Ironwork Reinstatement System
· Our 6mm & 10mm grades are BBA/HAPAS approved for first time permanent repairs in footways, cycle tracks and class 2, 3 & 4 carriageways
· Reduces congestion and fuel costs
· Rapid repair time – no cooling required
· Supports the requirements of the Traffic Management Act – open to traffic instantly
· Cost and labour effective – only one visit required
· Eliminates the need for disposal of temporary materials to landfill sites
· Tubs can be recycled through Instarmac’s Plastic Container Recycling Scheme
· Reduces the health and safety risks of working with a hot material
· Environmentally friendly
· High PSV (skid resistance) provides a safer trafficking surfaceFor further information on our road repair solutions, please feel free to call us on +44(0)1827 871871, or email [email protected]