Who is the qualification for?
Under the Licensing Act 2003, there is a legal requirement for anyone selling alcohol, or authorising others to sell alcohol, to obtain a qualification that has the accreditation of the Secretary of State. This one day training course satisfies this requirement for those wishing to apply for a personal licence. We offer the BIIAB Qualification, which we believe is the best qualification available
What does the course cover?
The course generally starts at 9.15 a.m. and finishes at 4.30 p.m. The tutor takes candidates through everything they need to know. This includes:
- the application process for a personal licence
- the legal duties of an applicant, with regard to relevant offences
- the four licensing objectives
- the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- the duties of a personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law
- the law on unauthorised licensable activities and the penalties for breach
- the law related to premises licences and the role and duties of the designated premises supervisor
- the content and purpose of operating schedules
- temporary event notices
- police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises
- the rights of entry to licensed premises
- specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol.
- the nature of alcohol, the supply of alcohol, the effects of alcohol on the human body and the strengths of alcoholic drinks
- the duties and social responsibilities of personal licence holders in relation to the prevention of disorderly conduct on licensed premises
- age related sales
What does the assessment involve?
Assessment for the qualification is a 1 part, 40 question multi choice examination, with 40 minutes allowed for completion. 28 out of the 40 questions must be answered correctly. Our pass rates are exceptionally high and one advantage of this BIIAB Qualification is that there is only one examination
Why choose abv Training Limited?
There are many reasons why you should choose us, these are just a few:
- experienced tutors who have first hand experience of the licensed trade - they are not lecturers!
- easy to read, interactive handbook, which is sent to you prior to the course - it's an interesting read
- relaxed, informal training and due to the fact we restrict course numbers you have a chance to ask questions in a comfortable environment and the tutor has time to answer them
- our package is fully inclusive, there are no hidden extras
- book today and we will dispatch your handbook and joining instructions within 24 hours
exceptional value for money!
The cost of the APLH personal licence course, fully inclusive of tuition, examination fees, certificate, course materials, handbook, refreshments (including lunch), free resit (if needed), full breakdown on results if requested, and 6 months provisional membership of the BII is £150 + vat. There are no hidden extras!