We are offering 3 levels of fire safety management, which is aimed at lifting some of the fire safety obligations in the workplace from the person responsible, allowing them to get on with their primary role in the business.
In order to allow both the client and Fire Safety Specialists Ltd to effectively manage the fire safety, we are encouraging our clients to use our intranet based record system. A client intranet account is created, and the Fire Risk Assessment is completed by our consultant using the online template. This produces a similar document to previous Fire Risk Assessment documents, however no hard copy document is posted out.
A separate log is created automatically which pulls through any defects found, and lists them in an editable table which the client can then update as issues are rectified.
The advantages of using the online assessment document are that:
1. The assessment cannot be lost or misplaced.
2. The defect progress chart can be printed or turned into a PDF so that it can be sent out to those people with actions to complete.
3. Fire Safety Specialists Ltd can keep an overview of the progress made and assist where necessary.
4. A calendar can be added allowing the client to schedule tasks and update the results.
5. All fire safety related subcontractor details can be added to the site so all the information required is kept in one place.
Level 1: Client intranet site access, and online Fire Risk Assessment documents plus folders created for other documentation such as Emergency Plans or training logs.
Level 2: As above, plus a fire safety management calendar is also created. A separate contacts list fold is made available for any subcontractor details (populated by FSS Ltd), and tasks can be created with automated notifications of actions due (populated by FSS Ltd). This also includes 3 scheduled visits to site per by Fire Safety Specialists Ltd.
Level 3: As above plus Fire Safety Specialists Ltd manage all the scheduling of fire safety related tasks, contacting subcontractors, and record keeping.